Calling all photographers, hobbyists, and creatives: mark your calendars for our annual Cave Hill Photography Contest!
13 lucky winners (12 months and a cover) will have their artwork featured in our 2024 Cave Hill calendar, which will be produced in August and ready for distribution by October 1. Entry for the Photo Contest is FREE and open to anyone who has visited Cave Hill in the previous year.
Deadline for submissions is July 1, 2023.
Each winner will receive:
- Two (2) tickets for a private behind-the-scenes tour followed by a wine and horsd'oeuvres reception in our historic Board Room on Thursday, September 7
- A Cave Hill gift basket, which includes a large jar of honey, Louisville Stoneware mugs, and other goodies
- Framed copy of your artwork
- Up to five (5) 2024 Cave Hill Calendars
- Featured photo on our Cave Hill Facebook page, during your winning month
COVER WINNER will receive:
- All of the above
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to Cocktails by the Lake (Tuesday, October 3)
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- Submissions must be high-resolution photos, at least 300 dpi
- Submissions must be landscape/horizontal orientation
- No more than five (5) submissions per person
- Subject matter may be anything in relation to Cave Hill Cemetery, including: landscapes, monuments, wildlife, plants, etc. but may not include other people, funeral services, or processions
Submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, and email for future communications. Winners will be announced at Cave Hill’s 175th Anniversary Festival on Sunday, July 23rd.
Entering the Cave Hill Cemetery Photography Contest grants Cave Hill Cemetery the right to reproduce, publish, and publicly display the submitted photograph(s) in print or electronic form for educational and promotional purposes without further compensation. Reproduction and display of entries will include photographer credit. The submitted photograph(s) will become the property of Cave Hill Cemetery and its affiliates. All other rights to these photograph(s) will be retained by the photographer.