Cemetery Map

Cave Hill Cemetery Map

Click on the map to enlarge.

Tour Information

Points of Interest

Muhammad Ali - Section U Humanitarian, Civil Rights Leader, Heavyweight Boxing Titleholder. He championed peace and unity amongst the world.Download Map
Satterwhite Memorial Temple - Section C Preston Pope Satterwhite gave many antiques to the J.B. Speed Art Museum. In 1928, he erected “Temple of Love” made of pink Italian marble, which is a copy of Marie Antoinette’s ornate structure in her Petite Trianon garden at the Palace of Versailles in Paris.Download Map
Cave Hill National Cemetery - Section A Burial site for over 5,500 soldiers killed in the Civil War and other American Wars.Download Map
Patty Hill - Section G A kindergarten teacher who wrote the “Happy Birthday” Song.Download Map
George Rogers Clark - Section P “Founder of Louisville” and “Washington of the West” who was originally buried in the family cemetery at Locust Grove, the home of his sister Lucy Clark Croghan.Download Map
Colonel Harland Sanders - Section 33 Founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken empire. His monument, which includes a bronze bust designed by his daughter Margaret, is suggestive of the KFC headquarters building.Download Map
Meriwether Lewis Clark, Jr. - Section A Established the Louisville Jockey Club on Churchill land and created the Kentucky Derby in 1875.Download Map
Wilder Monument - Section B Designed by Robert E. Launitz, "The father of monumental art in America", and was erected in memory of Minnie, the Wilder's only child, who died at the age of seven. Download Map
James Guthrie - Section B Distinguished political, business and educational leader. Served as United States Senator, President of University of Louisville, and President of L & N Railroad.Download Map
Lithgow Monument - Section C Features marble sculpture of the Angel Gabriel and four figures representing Faith, Hope, Mercy and Religion.Download Map
David Ross - Section I Cave Hill’s first superintendent whose widow placed a triple sided monument with a club-moss carving which was the badge of the Ross clan, and a special favorite of David Ross.Download Map
Tingley Memorial Fountain - Section E Erected in 1922 as a public memorial to William and George H. Tingley, who were brothers and individually achieved success as a wagon maker and as superintendent of the Louisville school system. It was restored in 2004.Download Map
Rustic Shelter House - Section H Built in 1892 as a Watchman’s Shelter House. Covered in Oak bark in St. Andrews cross pattern. This is a copy of Marie Antoinette’s gardeners cottage in her Petite Trianon garden in Paris. It is one of the oldest examples of rustic architecture in the United States.Download Map
Douglass Lot - Section G The family sold 49 acres to the Cemetery in 1863 with agreement that the fence around the family lot would remain.Download Map
Tiffany Vase - Section N Monument designed by Tiffany’s of New York.Download Map
Jim Porter - Section N Was the Kentucky Giant at 7'8” tall. Drove a hackney coach and ran the Big Gun Tavern in Shippingport.Download Map
Irvin Mausoleum - Section P One of the few gothic revival designs attributed to the prominent Louisville architect, Henry Whitestone.Download
Elks Rest Lodge - Section 5 Purchased by the Elks as a burial site for members and features a life size bronze elk.Download Map
Nicola Marschall - Section 5 Creator of the Confederate uniform and the flag of the Confederacy. Portrait painter of Jefferson Davis and Abraham Lincoln.Download Map
Thompson Family Tree - Section 5 Symbolic monument in form of a tree with branches removed and individual headstones resembling logs, for Edwin Vivian Thompson, landscape gardener and farmer.Download Map
Caldwell Sisters - Section 13 Family contributed money to build Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital in 1872 in memory of their mother Mary Elizabeth Breckinridge Caldwell. Sisters married European royalty.Download Map
J. Graham Brown - Section 26 Prominent Louisville businessman and philanthropist. Inventor of the Hot Brown Sandwich.Download Map
Gheens Mausoleum - Section 33 Features a likeness of Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper painted on glass in rear window.Download Map
Pete “The Gladiator” Browning - Section A A professional baseball player and one of the best right-handed hitters and fighters ever. Used John Hillerich’s bats to create the Louisville Slugger.Download Map
Henry Watterson - Section P Editor of The Journal newspaper; later changed to The Courier Journal. His name made famous Louisville’s Expressway.Download Map
Louis Seelbach - Section 13 A bellboy at the Galt House, became an entrepreneur and developed the beautiful Seelbach Hotel.Download Map
Sebastian Zorn - Section 1 President of the Louisville Water Company. Created the filtration system and Crescent Hill swimming pool.Download Map